with Blendabilities.... and more challenges. I really hadn't intended to do any more challenges this week, thinking I may have overdone it a bit. But... when I saw the Friday Mashup (HERE) today I had to give it a try. The challenge was to use stripes with or without a removable 'part'. Since my SU order arrived yesterday, a day early, and I was anxious to try the blendabilities on the new Blended Bloom stamp, it was a done deal. I also had visited the Deconstructed Sketch (HERE) and decided I could combine the two.
I used Jen's sketch (from Deconstructed Sketch) and selected my stripes from an old packet of DCWV, daffodil delight, whisper white, and basic black. My ribbon is SU's gumball green (retiring). I used a diagonal stripe embossing folder which sort of keeps the striped theme going.
I stamped the Blended Bloom twice on whisper white and colored with my cherry cobbler blendabilities. *They will be available to customers in a month or so* and I know you will like them. They really saturate the image with color which is why I stamped off 2 images... but only colored one. I cut them both out and placed the uncolored one behind the colored one since the color showed through. note... no worries, this happens with all alcohol markers and, as long as you are aware of it saturation qualities, you can plan to layer your cards accordingly. When assembling the card, I only added adhesive to the sides of the front element so the tag would slip in and out easily.
I hope you've enjoyed this card and this week's challenge entries. It's been fun. I'll be back soon with more samples... stay tuned! Thanks for coming by to visit :-). Leave me a comment or drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org ... I'd love to hear from you!